Goody Bag: Technical t-shirt, a bit of food, stuff.
Course: Round a park so you have park users cheering you on throughout. One 12 mile route and then 2 laps of the park perimeter.
Organisation and volunteers: Excellent with very awesome volunteers
CPs: Every 4 miles with water, bananas, sweets and later gatorade.
Weather: Started cool @ 6 degs C going up to @18 degs C - cloudy and sunny at times.
Start Time: 09:30 but I snuck off at 08:10
Location: Richmond Park, Sheen Gate. You will see deers and wildlife on the lakes.
Post Runner Recovery: Snacks+ free massage
The last time TG ran Richmond Park Marathon was in 2011. TG dragged Landy round the park and up a slope that has been embedded in her head as Hell's Hill! That rogue Landy has only completed one marathon 'cos he was such a drag! I wonder if he and Red have been conspiring to not do marathons. They have been such a reluctant couple, preferring shorter distances. You can read about their profiles in About Tyres.
It was a hard decision for TG to leave Red in the treads of Landy, however on hindsight, it was the best decision. The speedster Ecuder has put himself in Tyre Pulling history during the last 2 months! We have seen him progress from marathon to marathon. It was thought he would be a hard pull with his initial performance in Modesto. Apparently he had taken advice from Red, and decided it was best for both the puller (TG) and himself to revise his tactics.
Ecuder has learned how to be great a tyre and he is awesome!
Thank you to:
- The organisation and all the volunteers for making us feel so welcomed and all their encouragement thru CPs
- The passerbys for their continued repeated quibs that keep TG entertained such as "you must be tyred"; "you must have lost your car"; "excuse me did you know a tyre is following you"; "wouldn't you find it better if you took the tyre off"; "can I have a ride"
- The kids who also kept me entertained with "Mummy what is that lady doing?" TG's reply was something like....."Keeping in touch with my eccentric self")
- The runners with their encouragements as they overtook me as well as some who said "Now you're making me look bad"; TG's reply "Well you'd better work harder and lap me a second time"
- Paul from Ealing Half Marathon for the photos.
- Gaz and Ray - you guys rock!